The Service Technician is primarily responsible to work with our Sales Representatives & customers to perform such duties as Start- up and Training of installed Varec Biogas Gas safety Equipment, as well as performing on site troubleshooting & maintenance of installed equipment.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is excited to be a part of changing how the world views our most critical resource - Water.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Site inspections
- Perform start-up & commissioning of installed equipment.
- Troubleshooting & maintenance of installed equipment on customer's sites worldwide.
- Work with Sales & Engineering in product improvement & promote product sales.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Ability to work with customers and run maintenance crews.
- Ability to work with Engineers & customers to perform duties which best suit their needs
- Ability to read, complex industry related documents. P & ID, Schematics, Flow charts.
- Ability to understand English at advanced level via written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multitask and communicate progress with various departments.
- Ability to apply principles of logic to daily, routine practical problems.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of different variables applied to standard situations.
- Ability to be able to see other people's points of view and take feedback
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Word, Excel and ability to learn company standard software for online publishing.
- Writing Skills: Must be a proficient writer and confident in proper English grammar for professional mediums.
- Other: Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and prioritize as required. Self-starter and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Work independently scheduling your own work.
- Ability to respond effective to customers via oral and written communication.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move equipment up to 75 lbs, and routinely lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours, with the work/travel day occasionally exceeding 18 hours.
- Must be able to work in environments that require protective equipment including respirators, nitrile gloves, face shields, and occasionally Hazmat suits
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
Must have HS Diploma or GED
Hazwoper or Osha 30 certification a plus
Field Service experience in an industrial plant environment
Military, University or Trade School background a plus
Ability to use test equipment to test electronic components as well as ability to read electrical schematics.
Good mechanical and analytical skills
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
Expect to be on the road 40+ weeks annually performing rigorous manual labor in all weather conditions. Most of all work is performed outside on customer's sites. Most travel is within North America.
You will be required to fly on commercial aircraft on a weekly basis to visit customer's sites.
Must have a clean driving record so you can rent cars on a regular basis.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing