Electrical Shop Assistant
The Electrical Shop Assistant provides general support for different activities in the electrical shop.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is excited to be a part of changing how the world views our most critical resource - Water.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Understand and follow all company procedures and policies.
- Support team-oriented work practices and effective communication.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Perform duties as required for the corporation.
- Protect all corporate assets, control key access to the building and safeguard proprietary company property.
- Accept responsibility for the profit and loss performance of the corporation.
- Perform work according to Wastech standard procedures and industry standards.
- Ensure all shop tools and equipment are properly maintained with all maintenance activities logged.
- Punch cutouts and wire control panels as required.
- Install conduit on skids, pull wires, and terminate per wiring diagrams.
- Cleaning, cutting, and drilling plastic and metal parts for production as required.
- Clean, package, and crate Wastech systems once they are released for shipping.
- Setup temporary equipment and piping for internal Factory Acceptance Tests FAT.
- Support other shop activities as required including cleaning of premises, relocating material between buildings, etc.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Ability to use hand and power tools for cutting, drilling, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Familiarity with electrical components Fuses, relays, transformers, etc
- Ability to read wiring diagrams
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- 2 to 3 years relevant work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience and expertise in maintenance and installation work
- Safety training / IIPP
- ISO training
- General overview of products
- Manufacturing standards
- General cleaning procedures
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
- No travel required
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing