Cembrane's Silicon Carbide SiC Membranes represent a game changing technology and have achieved a new level of performance and durability in some of the most demanding water and wastewater treatment applications. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to be part of the new plant and manufacturing startup producing Ceramic Flat Sheet Membrane Modules and becoming key members of the Production Team.
The Production Operator will manufacture quality products in a timely manner according to the provided instructions and quality documents. Effectively utilizes tooling, machines, and raw materials to achieve quality standards and production quantities. Through self-motivation, effective communication, and teamwork, becomes a valuable team member of the Cembrane team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operating of machinery and equipment.
- Loading and unloading of product into machinery and equipment.
- Monitoring of the production process and quality inspection.
- Assembly, testing, and packaging of membrane modules.
- Conduct material handling, cleaning, and disposal activities.
- Participates in preventive maintenance and refurbishment activities of machinery and equipment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of quality and uniformity
- Organized, able to finish tasks in a timely, efficient manner
- Safe work habits
- Demonstrated work attendance
- Motivated and capable of motivating others in a positive fashion
- Ability to read and understand technical production instructions
- Can lift up to 30 pounds
Required Education and Experience:
- 1 year in manufacturing environment
- General mechanical aptitude
- High School Diploma or GED
- Or equivalent combination of experience and education
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1 year in mechanical or assembly production environment
- Forklift Operator
- Experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing
Typical physical requirements for this role may include the following:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a workstation, performing production and inspection activities with some data entry on a computer or spreadsheet.
- Prolonged periods of standing at workstations performing production activities or operating machines and equipment.
- Daily walking, lifting, and climbing stairs and sometimes equipment
- Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- May be asked to lift up to 50 lbs. at times.
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
- May be asked to work on an elevated platform inside the production area and on workplaces handling wet product.
- Exposed to quiet to medium noise levels in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to clay dust, ceramic cutting and grinding dust.
Where you will be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work in our new Hutto, TX manufacturing plant location.
- This position will report to the Production Supervisor to perform assigned duties.
- Work hours are 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. There will be opportunities for overtime, but it is not guaranteed.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing