The Production worker/Sawyer is responsible for cutting raw metal goods and PVC pipe by using the right equipment. This role is responsible for fulfilling cutting orders by using the proper machinery or hand tools. The Sawyer will primarily operate a guillotine band saw, miter saw and plasma cutter to cut raw metal goods and PVC pipe to exact measurements and identify each cut piece based on the orders criteria.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepares saw according to material type and size being cut, and accurately cuts material based on work order specifications.
- Cut, thread, deburr and package pipe carbon, stainless, aluminum and PVC
- Labels correct item/part number to identifying each cut piece.
- Removes cut stock from machine and maintains production/inventory count.
- Move raw material stock from Saw Cutting Machines either to Recycling Bins or stock after marking alloy, length and mill batch on drop.
- Deburr/grind/ease all sharp edges on cut materials
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use
- Perform simple preventive maintenance of saw equipment as required.
- Package finished product for staging/shipping boxing, labeling, shrink wrapping, etc. as required.
- Manual labor required for operating and maintaining machinery.
- Must maintain a strong sense of urgency, self-driven, detail oriented individual.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently, be detail-oriented, have steady hands, and the ability to follow instructions and interpret drawings.
- Ensure that all materials are of an acceptable quality and have been inspected by QC.
- Ability to work in varied temperatures, conditions dependent on outside environment.
- Must be focused on quality and Customer satisfaction.
- Must be effective working in a fast-paced team environment, and able to see projects through to completion.
- Comply with all safety policies
- Other duties to be assigned by Management.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Ability to proficiently use measuring tools and methods
- Ability to stand, sit, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Must have basic computer skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- High School Diploma minimum or experience/certification in lieu of education
- 2-5 years of experience with metal cutting preferred
- Overhead crane operation experience
- Forklift operation experience
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing