Automation Startup Technician
Responsible for providing electrical and control design, performs integration and controls tasks to support customers and improve related products.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is excited to be a part of changing how the world views our most critical resource - Water.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Liaise with client and application specialists during the tender/bid stage on design and specifications of control equipment and ancillary electrical works
- Monitor and advice on costs associated with electrical designs both at proposal stage and throughout the contract.
- Program and configure PLCs and SCADA systems to meet technical, commercial and project requirements.
- Write control strategies and prepare supporting documentation as necessary to fully define project specific programming requirements.
- Manage and issue to relevant parties electrical documents including control philosophies, automation design specification, load schedules and wiring schematics.
- Provide miscellaneous technical support including field service to support plant commissioning, operator training and warranty commitments.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintain an effective engineering department record system for drawings and associated data for future reference compliance with Ovivo's ISO:9001 2015.
- Ensure timely submission of all engineering data, drawings and other documents as requested by the client.
- Ensure that drawings, BOM's and associated documents are issued for each contract by the agreed deadline and within the budgeted design hours to enable the cost effective manufacture within the estimated budget.
- Troubleshoot customer integration and controls issues including network communications.
- Provides technical assistance including training to Sales and Product Support.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Rockwell Systems such as Control Logix 5000
- Siemens Systems such as S7-400 / TIA Portal
- SCADA Systems such as Wonderware Intouch / Archestra / GE-IP Cimplicity / WinCC
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or related field and a minimum of seven 7 years Electrical and Automation experience or equivalent in a production, manufacturing, or design environment; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electrical & Control Engineer, major in Automation Technique / Industrial Automation
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
Yes! Frequent travel is required both domestic and international. You can expect travel up to 50%.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following benefits:
- Hybrid working - while most of your time will be spent in the office, you will be equipped to work between the office and remotely.
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- Eleven paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing