Startup & Commissioning Engineer
Provide startup & commissioning service for Ultrapure Water systems, Wastewater Treatment systems and Reclaim/Recycle systems.
Completes assigned activities under the direction of the Senior Project Manager.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop commissioning plans.
- Start-up and commissioning of equipment and systems in accordance with developed plans and IMS procedures.
- Troubleshoot issues on site with support from project, process and automation engineering teams.
- Train customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Provide written documentation of all activities including all measurements that define inspection and tests; note and correct any deviations and ensure that specifications are met per requirements.
- Adherence to clients safe working requirements at all times and site Health & Safety conditions.
- Evaluating performance of equipment in the field and recommending product improvements to Engineering.
- Liaise with customer on site to ensure work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and the company.
- QA/QC inspections of equipment at manufacturers' facilities.
- Attend meetings with customer representatives when required.
- Performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
YOUR QUALIFICATION WILL INCLUDE:
- May be expected to mentor and train junior engineers.
- Knowledge of semiconductor water and waste water chemistry and typical semiconductor waste streams.
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies including filtration, membrane treatment, ion exchange treatment, clarification, and reclaim water treatment.
- Ability to understand and both read, write and converse in German and English and other foreign languages.
- Must have diplomacy to negotiate any difference of opinion in design or detailing.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of multi variables in non-standard situations.
- Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams, mechanical & structural drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work effectively and safely with power tools, chemicals and various materials as necessary to perform field service work.
- Proficiency in MS Office
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- BS. degree in the mechanical or chemical engineering discipline from an accredited university or other related qualified training, plus a minimum of ten 10 years directly related experience; or equivalent of education or experience.
- Experience in a water treatment industry or Semiconductor Wafer Fab environment with UPW & WWT will be an added advantage.
WILL THERE BE TRAVEL: This position may require up to 80% travel to customer/construction sites.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Hybrid working - while most of your time will be spent in the office, you'll be equipped to work between the office and remotely.
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing