As a designer you will design solutions to meet project specifications, customer needs and provides engineering and design of water and wastewater treatment systems. Provide project support by preparing equipment models and designs; 3-D assembly drawings, design calculations and prepare submittals to customers. This important position also provides technical assistance for sales and marketing and supports product improvement projects.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyzes specifications and contract documents to determine characteristics of job and to establish engineering objectives.
- Reviews proposals and submittals for quality assurance purposes.
- Generating a variety of drawings and performing required calculations while effectively managing engineering hours and meeting schedules.
- Preparing parts lists and specification sheets.
- Assembling detailed drawings from release to fabrication.
- Responding to questions pertaining to drawings.
- Contributing to product improvement and development.
- Provides technical assistance to Sales and Product Support.
- Develops and maintains product specifications, design information, and quality assurance documents related to the integrity, cost, and scheduling requirements for department systems and related components.
- Coordinating with Project Managers to meet scheduled task deadlines, maintain schedule for purchasing, fabrication, construction, inspection, startup, etc., to meet overall project goals.
- Performs all work in accordance with established company procedures.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Provide technical support to shop and field start-up services assuming an average of 15-25% travel.
- Perform all work in a safe manner, adhering to company and corporate policies.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies.
- Knowledge of fabrication designs using steel, stainless steel, and/or aluminum.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry-related documents.
- Ability to understand and both read, write and converse in English and at an advanced level.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing on a technical level.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of multiple variables in complex non-standard situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with 3D modeling AutoCAD such as AutoCAD Inventor.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of complex, non-standard situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- Design/Engineering knowledge from a technical college degree 1-5 years of experience in designing structural or mechanical systems for water/wastewater equipment, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other MS Office programs.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Inventor and/or Solidworks.
- Training and Experience in AutoCAD Inventor 3-D modeling, CAD 2-D.
- Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams, mechanical & structural drawings, and specifications are preferred
- Knowledge of applicable codes, tables, and standard reference books used for design of wastewater treatment facilities, truss bridges/structures, and mechanical equipment used in such designs are preferred.
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
Provide technical support to shop and field start-up services assuming an average of 15-25% travel. This travel will be mostly domestic but will include international travel as well.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Hybrid working - while most of your time will be spent in the office, you'll be equipped to work between the office and remotely.
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing