Are you passionate about environmental sustainability? Make an impact on the water resource industry. Water touches everything we do: protecting public health, preserving ecosystems, and enabling economic growth. Water is one of the most resilient substances on Earth, but we are pushing it to its limits. All the water we have is all the water we will ever have. It is our responsibility to treat, recover, and reuse it wisely.
The Process Aeration Group is responsible for biological treatment technologies for wastewater applications. This position reports directly to the Process Aeration Group Manager and is part of a diverse team of highly motivated professionals responsible for a variety of sustainable biological treatment technologies. You will collaborate with a fun and close-knit team to create, engineer, implement, test, and deliver biological treatment solutions to Ovivo clients. The candidate must be a highly technical individual with the ability to develop relationships with customers and deploy the group's market strategies.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is excited to be a part of changing how the world views our most critical resource - Water.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepare detailed biological process designs relative to Carrousel® oxidation ditch, AEROSTRIP® diffused aeration, and other biological treatment processes.
- Provide recommendations on product application and sizing, prepare design calculations, proposal generation, develop specifications, specification reviews, review general arrangement drawings, budgetary pricing, and other sales aid materials as required to support projects.
- Support Sales Representatives in activities such as sales strategies, customer presentations/visits, attend state conferences, be the point of contact for inquiries.
- Conduct field work activities such as process training, field testing, and operation troubleshooting.
- Develop relationships with consultants and operators. Become a recognized product expert in the field.
- Maintain activities and updates in Ovivo's customer relationship management CRM software.
- Work within a cross-functional team environment with Process, Mechanical and Control System. Engineering, Project Management, and Sales Representatives to achieve business objectives.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Experience with biological process design for wastewater treatment plants.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate well and develop relationships with customers representatives, engineers, and operators.
- Strong work-ethic, ownership, team work, and sense for excellence.
- Strong technical and innovative mindset and attitude.
- Responsive and composed to manage inquiries from customers.
- Ability to do process engineering field work at wastewater treatment plants with safety protocols.
- Ability to read drawings general arrangements, P&IDs.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Interest to learn biological modeling tools BioWin, etc. and engineering tools AutoCAD.
- Interest to learn business tools CRM, PowerBI, Sharepoint, etc..
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- B.S. degree in one of the engineering disciplines is required.
- S degree in Environmental Engineering preferred
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
- Travel: up to 50% US and Canada
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following perks:
- Hybrid working - while most of your time will be spent in the office, you'll be equipped to work between the office and remotely.
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- 11 paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing